Linux x64 (AMD64/EM64T) Display Driver
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- Fixed several issues which caused the supported-gpus.json file to contain incorrect product information.
- Fixed a bug that caused the nvidia-settings control panel to report inaccurate ECC error counts, and completely prevented the reporting of aggregate ECC error counts. ECC error counts reported by nvidia-smi were not affected.
- Added a GUI control for setting Image Sharpening values in the app profiles page of the nvidia-settings control panel.
- Fixed a bug which caused Vulkan applications to hang when the __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS environment variable was set to enable threaded optimizations in the NVIDIA driver.
- Fixed a bug where calls to vkWaitForPresentKHR would fail with VK_TIMEOUT on Maxwell and Pascal GPUs.
- Added support for the VK_EXT_depth_clip_control extension.
- Added support for the VK_EXT_border_color_swizzle extension.
- Added support for the VK_EXT_image_view_min_lod extension.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan compiler where 64-bit atomics were partially broken.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where VK_NULL_HANDLE was not properly handled as input to VkRenderingFragmentShadingRateAttachmentInfoKHR.imageView.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_dynamic_rendering extension.
- Added support for the bufferDeviceAddressCaptureReplay Vulkan feature.
- Optimized the Vulkan fullscreen presentation path for X11 and direct-to-display swapchains.
- Added AV1 decode support to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver. See the VDPAU Support appendix in the README for supported AV1 decoder profiles.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_format_feature_flags2 extension.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_maintenance4 extension.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where the SPIR-V Centroid interpolation decoration was not ignored when used in conjunction with FragCoord.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where unreferenced descriptor bindings were sometimes not ignored properly.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where vkCmdBindDescriptorSets would not properly handle pDynamicOffsets for compute pipelines.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_shader_integer_dot_product extension.
- Added support for the VK_EXT_primitive_topology_list_restart extension.
- Added support for the VK_EXT_load_store_op_none extension.
- Fixed a bug which caused OpenGL and Vulkan applications to generate excessive traffic over dbus while attempting to communicate with nvidia-powerd, even though nvidia-powerd was not running.
- Removed the runtime loader (rtld) sanity test from nvidia-installer.This test has been made largely obsolete by GLVND.
- Updated nvidia-xconfig to add a BusID to the "Device" section by default on systems with both NVIDIA and non-NVIDIA GPUs. This behavior can be suppressed by using the --no-busid option.
- Enabled GSP Firmware by default on NVIDIA T4, A100, A30, A40, A16, A2, and several other Tesla products. Please see the "GSP Firmware" chapter in the README for details.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where some Ray Tracing shaders would timeout, resulting in device loss.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where unused input attributes to a vertex shader would corrupt the interpolation qualifiers for the shader.
- Fixed a bug in the Vulkan driver where individual components of barycentric inputs could not be read.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_present_id extension.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_present_wait extension.
- Added support for the VK_KHR_shader_subgroup_uniform_control_flow extension.
- Fixed a bug where VK_NVX_binary_import was advertised as supported on unsupported platforms. This caused calls to vkCreateDevice to fail if applications attempted to enable VK_NVX_binary_import on such platforms.
- Added support for the GBM API. This adds the new symlink nvidia-drm_gbm.so pointing to the file libnvidia-allocator.so.VERSION to implement a GBM backend driver usable with the GBM loader from the Mesa project version 21.2 and above, as well as the files libnvidia-egl-gbm.so.1.1.0 and 15_nvidia_gbm.json, which implement EGL support for the GBM platform (EGL_KHR_platform_gbm).
- Add indicator for Resizable BAR support on compatible systems.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to crash when starting a new server generation on PRIME configurations.
- Removed support for NvIFROpenGL. This functionality was deprecated in the 470.xx driver release.
- Removed libnvidia-cbl.so from the driver package. This functionality is now provided by other driver libraries.
- Changed the minimum required Linux kernel version from 2.6.32 to 3.10.
- Updated nvidia.ko to load even if no supported NVIDIA GPUs are present when an NVIDIA NVSwitch device is detected in the system. Previously, nvidia.ko would fail to load into the kernel if no supported GPUs were present.
- Added support for Vulkan 1.3.
- Added a new daemon, nvidia-powerd, to provide support for the Dynamic Boost feature on supported systems. Dynamic Boost balances power between the CPU and the GPU for improved performance. For more details, see the "Dynamic Boost on Linux" chapter in the README.
- Updated nvidia-bug-report.sh to search the systemd journal for nvidia-powerd logs.
- Added a new module parameter, "peerdirect_support", to the nvidia-peermem.ko kernel module, to correctly support GPUDirect RDMA on MOFED 5.0 and older releases.
- Added an application profile to avoid an image corruption issue in Blender, as described at https://developer.blender.org/T76874
- Fixed a driver installation failure on Linux kernel 5.17 release candidates, where the NVIDIA kernel module failed to build with error "implicit declaration of function 'PDE'".